Underwater Navigator (1 day / 3 dives)
Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a shipwreck, they’re having a great time – until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You will learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
What you will learn:
• Navigation patterns
• Natural navigation (without a compass)
• Compass navigation
• How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position fromthe surface
• Underwater map making
• Dive site relocation
• How to estimate distance underwater
|Underwater Navigator||฿ 8,500|
Deep Diver (1 day / 3 dives)
The PADI Deep Diver Course is properly one of the most popular. After your first few scuba dives, you soon want to explore a bit deeper. There’s something exciting and mysterious about the depth that attracts divers.
The fun part about this course is the opportunity to explore the deep. It’s exhilarating and you may beable to earn college credit for the PADI Deep Diver course.
What you will learn:
• Techniques for diving in the deeper range of 18-40m / 60-130feet
• Deep scuba diving equipment considerations
• Experience in planning, organizing and making at least 4 deep dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
|Deep Diver||฿ 8,500|
Digital Underwater Photographer (1 day / 2 dives)
Underwater photography is one of the most popular specialties, and therise of digital underwater cameras has made it easier and more fun thanever. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you goingquickly with today modern digital equipment, whether you use apoint-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated D-SLR like the pros.
What you learn
• How to choose the right underwater camera system for you
• The PADI SEA method for getting great shots quickly
• The three primary principles for good underwater photos
• How to get better at your overall buoyancy
|Digital Underwater Photoprapher||฿ +4,900 on any dive day|
|Camera Rental||฿ 1,000|
Project AWARE (1 day / no dive)
The underwater world needs heroes. You can be one of them by championing the causes of the world’s most fragile and important aquatic eco systems. You can make a difference! Learn about some ofthe most pressing problems facing these vulnerable environments and everyday actions you can take to help conserve them. It’s informative, interesting and most importantly, you learn how to make a difference. Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading non profit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
What you learn:
• The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
• Fisheries challenges and sustainability
• Coral environment overview and inhabitants
• The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environment
|Project AWARE||฿ 3,900|
PADI Enriched Air Diver (1 day / 2 dives) - from ฿ 4,900
Scuba Diving with Enriched Air Nitrox. The PADI Enriched Air Divercourse is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba diving course, and it’s easy to see why Scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no gas time.
This means more time underwater, especially on repetitive scuba dives.
You can typically stay down longer and get back in the water sooner. No wonder many divers choose this as their very first specialty. You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Enriched Air Diver Course.
What you learn:
• Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
• Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
• Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to plan the dives accordingly.
|Enriched Air Diver||฿ +4,900|
|Enriched Air Diver (dry)||฿ 4,900|
Drift Diver (1 day / 2 dives)
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow", staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time. Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What you learn:
• Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
• An introduction to drift diving equipment - floats, lines, reels
• Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
• Site selection and overview of aquatic currents - causes and effects
• Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
|Drift Diver||฿ 8,500|
Peak Performance Buoyancy (1 days / 2 dives)
What is neutral buoyancy? Scuba divers like to be neutrally buoyant so they neither sink nor float. It can be a tricky thing. Divers who’ve mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally.
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a diver and elevates them to the next level.
The fun part of this course is giving your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible.
What you learn:
• How to trim your scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
• Nuances in determining weight so you’re not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
• How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
• How to hover effortlessly in both a vertical position and a horizontal
|Peak Performance Buoyancy||฿ +4,900 on any dive trip|
Wreck Diver (2 days / 4 dives)
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches youthe ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
• Techniques for diving ship wrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
• How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
• Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
• Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
• Experience in planning, organizing and making four wreck dives
|Wreck Diver||฿ 10,900|
Night Diver (3 days / 3 dives)
As the sun sets, you don your dive gear, slip on your scuba mask and bite down on your dive regulator. A deep breath and you step off the boat – into the underwater night. Although you’ve seen this reef many times before, this time you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light.
Introduce yourself to the whole new cast of critters that comes out after the sun goes down. See your favorite dive sites from a whole new perspective at night.
• Night dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems
• How to control your buoyancy at night
• Entries, exits and underwater navigation at night
• Nocturnal aquatic life, since many of the plants and animals you'll see are different
|Night Diver||฿ +4,900|
AWARE Coral Reef Conservation (1 day / no dive)
The AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course is designed to inform you about the world’s coral reefs. As a scuba diver, the health of aquatic ecosystems is often what makes a good dive. Become aware of the fragileness of coral reefs and how you can help preserve them. The AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches you about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes you with the current state of the world's coral reefs and how you can help.
You will learn about the Project AWARE Foundation and:
• How coral reefs function
• Why they are so important
• Why many reefs are in serious trouble
• What you can do to prevent further decline
|AWARE Coral Reef Conservation||฿ 3,500|
AWARE Fish Identification (1 day / 2 dives)
Have you ever been scuba diving and asked yourself, "What was that?”. The PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Specialty course provides you with the fish identification basics so that next time, you know the answer. You’ll find you enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures that you see. The fun part about this course is you can use the skills you learn on every scuba diving vacation once you learn the main fish families and characteristics it will help you decipher the species you see all over the world. For example, a butterflyfish in the Caribbean has a similar shape to a butterfly fish in Southeast Asia, but their colors and markings may be wildly different. If you know what fish family it belongs to, it becomes much easier to look upthe local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw. During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater
What you learn:
• How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species
• Fish survey techniques and strategies
• How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and pro.
|AWARE Fish Identification||฿ +4,900 on any dive trip|
Underwater Naturalist (1 day / 2 dives)
Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment. Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do andwhat their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
What you learn:
• The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
• The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
• Responsible interactions with aquatic life
• The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
|Underwater Naturalist||฿ +4,900 on any dive trip|
Equipment Specialist (1 day / no dive)
Don’t miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, you can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments.
As a PADI Equipment Specialist, you are prepared for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter everyday. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information abouthow your gear works, how it’s repair and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
The more you know about how your dive gear works, the more
• Comfortable you are with it
• Performance you get from it
• You can care for it
What you learn:
• Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
• Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
• How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
• Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurationsand an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined waterdive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
|Equipment Specialist||฿ 4,900|